Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Housekeeping!

I spend too much time cleaning up after projects.
It is the worst part of art...the craftermath!

UGH!

I have tried to get kids excited about cleaning up, I have tried lists, I have tried bribing, music, more time, less time, stickers.......

.....and now this:


The list is still there, just in a different way.

1. Where do I put my art? Right now the choices are in your table folder or in the drying rack.
    The kids reminded me of other places I sometimes have them put their art to rest....
    I need a few more pictures.
2. What tools do I have to put away? A few samples I put up were scissors, glue, paint brushes
    and trays, and the other is if they need to wash their brushes (younger kids place theirs in a cup
    or bowl for me to wash.)
3. Sinks are assigned to two tables to wipe and dry. NO PUDDLES!
4. Tables are assigned to be sprayed and wiped by two tables. LESS FIGHTING!
5. Floors are assigned to two tables and are SPOTLESS!

There will be other odd jobs now and then, otherwise two tables get a vacation as jobs are rotated.  YEAH! We all love vacations.

Week Two had a little confusion with younger kids because they still want to do it ALL!
Overall it was so much better.....

....and did I mention my floor?

So clean.  Even little pieces of paper swept up in the new little dust pans I bought in the
TOY section at the grocery store!  The kids love them!

(I am realizing a picture inserted here would be incredible, however,
I am blogging at home and the dust pans are at school. Maybe when I get
them hung in their spot, I will snap that picture and post it!)

Hope you love this idea and I wish a clean art room for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment