Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Path I Am On...

I am an artist......

....and I have been blessed to be able to share art with the children at an awesome Lutheran school in Iowa.

I have traveled with my family for years, adrift in the world, looking for my path.  He has always guided me.  There has always been a reason for all of the places we have lived.  God has always sent us with a purpose.

We can fight it and try to go our own way, but HE always knows which direction we should turn and what path we should take.

A man sat at my kitchen table one day and said, "Hey! TLS needs and art teacher! You should go apply."  I had just finished a retail management gig and just wanted some me time. Me. My art. Find myself.....

I said no.

The air conditioner quit.

Three hundred dollars later, I received a phone call from the principal.  Really....I really want some ME time.  I am not a teacher, just an artist.  I don't think this is a great fit.  No, thank you.

Does the house feel hot to you again?  Yup....you guessed it.  This time it was another part altogether and a five hundred dollar bill.

Are you kidding me Lord?

I don't know why the principal called again.  He said he was getting desperate and just wanted to see if I would come in a talk a bit.

Yes.  Sure.  I can come talk.  I think I am being nudged a little in that direction anyway.

That was eight years ago.

I am on HIS path.

No comments:

Post a Comment